August 2023 | Clinical Outreach Team | Honduras
OneWorld Health is proud to host a clinical outreach team in Siguatepeque, Honduras. Join us as we provide responsible healthcare to communities in need. Our volunteer experiences provide a unique cultural, educational and impactful experience for our travelers. Through implementing the same short-term experience across all projects sites, we are able to see long-term, sustainable effects that serve the ultimate good.
As a volunteer, you are a representative of OneWorld Health in the regions we serve. The legacy you leave will be what we continue to build upon for years after your departure. With this responsibility, OneWorld Health holds high expectations for our representatives in the field.
Sample Weekly Itinerary:
Tour the medical center or future medical center site and meet our amazing local staff.
Conduct medical outreach in the villages surrounding our permanent medical center. Our volunteers are incredibly valuable in fulfilling different clinic roles such as working with the registration, provider or pharmacy teams. These medical outreaches refer patients, promote our permanent medical center and continue setting a precedent for quality healthcare throughout the region.
Fun-day activity specific to the region to celebrate our accomplishments.
For more information on Honduras please review the CDC and CIA websites listed below:
**NOTE ON FEES LISTED**
$100 Application Fee + $2,100 Base (Includes all logistics on the ground) + $TBD Flight Cost - determined at booking
OneWorld Health will change your fundraising goal to match actual fees of the trip.
Note: In August 2022, estimates were $950 per flight.
33 spots left
44 days left
May 5 2023
11:59 PM EDT
|$1,000.00||First Deadline (TO SECURE FLIGHT BOOKING) Due 6/9/2023|
|$2,800.00||Final Deadline (AMOUNT LISTED IS ESTIMATED | $BASE + ACTUAL FLIGHT COSTS) Due 7/21/2023|
- You must have an eligible passport.
- You must follow all State Department + travel requirements for COVID-19 and immunizations.
- We expect you to be timely in response for correspondence.
- You are required to complete online training.
- Non-Medical Roles: registration, pharmacy, children’s therapy, glasses distribution and clinic coordination
- Medical Roles: triage, provider, pharmacy, therapy and dental
- You must be 18 years or older or with a parent/guardian.
- Log on to Service Reef | Review and keep up with tasks assigned.
- Participate in required online training.
- Attend optional Q+A and pre-trip preparation meetings.
- Review US State Department + CDC travel requirements and recommendations (this is also a task assigned).
- Review our Fundraising Guide in online training + personalize your online fundraising page + begin fundraising or making payments.