December 2022 | ECU Honduras Outreach Team
OneWorld Health is proud to host a partnership trip with East Carolina University in Siguatepeque, Honduras. Join us as we provide responsible healthcare to communities in need. Our volunteer experiences provide a unique cultural, educational and impactful experience for our travelers. Through implementing the same short-term experience across all projects sites, we are able to see long-term, sustainable effects that serve the ultimate good.
As a volunteer, you are a representative of OneWorld Health in the regions we serve. The legacy you leave will be what we continue to build upon for years after your departure. With this responsibility, OneWorld Health holds high expectations for our representatives in the field.
Depart from the US
Orientation + Local Tours
Conduct local outreach in the field with the leadership of our local staff
Participate in an epic tour of Honduras coffee plantations and process to celebrate the week with the team
Depart Honduras and arrive to US
**NOTE ON FEES LISTED**
$100 Application Fee + $1,950 Base (Includes all logistics on the ground) + $TBD Flight Cost - determined at booking
OneWorld Health will invoice you directly and change your fundraising goal to match actual fees of the trip.
In June 2022 estimates were $800 per flight.
|$1,000.00||First Deadline (TO SECURE FLIGHT BOOKING) Due 10/14/2022|
|$2,800.00||Final Deadline (AMOUNT LISTED IS ESTIMATED | $2,050 + ACTUAL FLIGHT COSTS) Due 12/2/2022|
- You must have an eligible passport.
- You must have COVID-19 full vaccination.
- We expect you to be timely in response for correspondence.
- You are required to complete online training.
- Non-Medical Roles: registration, pharmacy, children’s therapy, glasses distribution and clinic coordination
- Medical Roles: triage, provider, pharmacy, therapy and dental
- You must be 18 years or older or with a parent/guardian.
- Ensure valid passport and immunizations required for travel.
- Compile all medical qualifications for submission.
- Apply + pay $100 application fee.
- Standby for communication from the OneWorld Health Mobilization Team!