May 2023 | Uganda Wheelchair Fitting Clinic
OneWorld Health is changing the nature of short-term medical missions. Our weeklong experiences provide a unique, impactful cultural and educational experience for our volunteers. Through implementing the same short-term experience across all project sites, we are able to see long-term, sustainable effects that serve the ultimate good.
As a volunteer, you are a representative of OneWorld Health in the regions we serve. The legacy you leave will be what we continue to build upon for years after your departure. With this responsibility, OneWorld Health holds high expectations for our representatives in the field.
Sample Weekly Itinerary:
Tour the medical center or future medical center site and meet our amazing local staff.
Conduct medical outreach in the villages surrounding our permanent medical center. Our volunteers are incredibly valuable in fulfilling different clinic roles such as working with the registration, provider or pharmacy teams. These medical outreaches refer patients, promote our permanent medical center and continue setting a precedent for quality healthcare throughout the region.
Fun-day activity specific to the region to celebrate our accomplishments.
For more information on Uganda please review the CDC and CIA websites listed below:
**NOTE ON FEES LISTED**
For this Wheelchair Clinic, $100 Application Fee + $1,304 Base (Includes all logistics on the ground) + $TBD Flight Cost - determined at booking.
For both this Wheelchair Clinic and the Public trip, $100 Application Fee + $2,865 Base (Includes all logistics on the ground) + $TBD Flight Cost - determined at booking.
OneWorld Health will change your fundraising goal to match actual fees of the trip.
Note: In August 2022, flight estimates were $1,500.
30 spots left
2 days left
Mar 24 2023
12:00 PM EDT
- You must have an eligible passport.
- You must have Yellow Fever full vaccination.
- We expect you to be timely in response for correspondence.
- Completion of all pre-trip requirements + travel requirements.
- Non-Medical Roles: registration, pharmacy, children’s therapy, logistics assistance and clinic coordination
- Medical Roles: dentist, dental assistant, dental hygienist, triage, provider and pharmacy
- Participate in daily morning Scripture reading and team time
- Adhere to OneWorld Health guidelines for appropriate conduct
- Respect your fellow teammates
- Value patient interactions
- Be open-minded
- Act from the overflow of a servant's heart
- Be ready for plans to change
- Enjoy a little (well, a lot of) dirt under your fingernails
- Think with long-term impact in mind
- You must be 18 years or older or with a parent/guardian.
- Log on to Service Reef | Review and keep up with tasks assigned.
- Participate in required online training.
- Attend optional Q+A and pre-trip preparation meetings.
- Review US State Department + CDC travel requirements and recommendations (this is also a task assigned).
- Review our Fundraising Guide in online training + personalize your online fundraising page + begin fundraising or making payments.