July 2022 | Insight Global + OneWorld Health
OneWorld Health is changing the nature of short-term medical missions. Our weeklong experiences provide a unique, impactful cultural and educational experience for our volunteers. Through implementing the same short-term experience across all project sites, we are able to see long-term, sustainable effects that serve the ultimate good.
As a volunteer, you are a representative of OneWorld Health in the regions we serve. The legacy you leave will be what we continue to build upon for years after your departure. With this responsibility, OneWorld Health holds high expectations for our representatives in the field.
Sample Weekly Itinerary:
Tour the medical center or future medical center site and meet our amazing local staff.
Conduct medical outreach in the villages surrounding our permanent medical center. Our volunteers are incredibly valuable in fulfilling different clinic roles such as working with the registration, provider or pharmacy teams. These medical outreaches refer patients, promote our permanent medical center and continue setting a precedent for quality healthcare throughout the region.
Fun-day activity specific to the region to celebrate our accomplishments.
For more information on Uganda please review the CDC and CIA websites listed below:
- You must have an eligible passport.
- You must have COVID-19 + Yellow Fever full vaccination.
- We expect you to be timely in response for correspondence.
- Completion of all Pre-Trip Requirements
- Non-Medical Roles: registration, pharmacy, children’s therapy, logistics assistance and clinic coordination
- Medical Roles: dentist, dental assistant, dental hygienist, triage, provider and pharmacy
- Participate in daily morning Scripture reading and team time
- Adhere to OneWorld Health guidelines for appropriate conduct
- Respect your fellow teammates
- Value patient interactions
- Be open-minded
- Act from the overflow of a servant's heart
- Be ready for plans to change
- Enjoy a little (well, a lot of) dirt under your fingernails
- Think with long-term impact in mind
- You must be 18 years or older or with a parent/guardian.
- Participate in Online Training via Litmos - email to come
- Follow instructions in in weekly emails for tasks and fundraising