June 2022 | Insider Trip Nicaragua
OneWorld Health is changing the nature of short-term medical missions. Our weeklong experiences provide a unique, impactful cultural and educational experience for our volunteers. Through implementing the same short-term experience across all project sites, we are able to see long-term, sustainable effects that serve the ultimate good.
As a volunteer, you are a representative of OneWorld Health in the regions we serve. The legacy you leave will be what we continue to build upon for years after your departure. With this responsibility, OneWorld Health holds high expectations for our representatives in the field.
Travel from the US + arrive to Managua.
Sunday + Monday:
Managua | Tour urban facilities + meet local staff.
Tuesday + Wednesday:
Rivas | Tour rural facilities, meet local staff, + conduct outreach.
Optional vacation days on the coast of Nicaragua.
For more information on Nicaragua please review the CDC and CIA websites listed below:
- $2,060 + flight costs per participant 10 years old+
- $100 + flight costs per participant up to age 10
- Vacation stay is approximately $3,000 per family
|$1,000.00||First Deadline (Flight Deposit) Due 5/21/2022|
|$2,060.00||Final Deadline (this fee + flight cost) Due 6/3/2022|
- You must have an eligible passport.
- You must have COVID-19 full vaccination.
- We expect you to be timely in response for correspondence.
- Completion of all Pre-Trip Requirements
- Non-Medical Roles: registration, pharmacy, children’s therapy, logistics assistance and clinic coordination
- Medical Roles: dentist, dental assistant, dental hygienist, triage, provider and pharmacy
- Participate in daily morning Scripture reading and team time
- Adhere to OneWorld Health guidelines for appropriate conduct
- Respect your fellow teammates
- Value patient interactions
- Be open-minded
- Act from the overflow of a servant's heart
- Be ready for plans to change
- Enjoy a little (well, a lot of) dirt under your fingernails
- Think with long-term impact in mind
- You must be 18 years or older or with a parent/guardian.
- Participate in Online Training via ServiceReef
- Follow instructions in in weekly emails for tasks and fundraising