March 2024 | Clinical Outreach | Uganda
OneWorld Health is changing the nature of short-term medical missions. Our weeklong experiences provide a unique, impactful cultural and educational experience for our volunteers. Volunteer teams aid us in our mission to create quality care to those in need.
As a volunteer, you are a representative of OneWorld Health in the regions we serve. The legacy you leave will be what we continue to build upon for years after your departure. With this responsibility, OneWorld Health holds high expectations for our representatives in the field.
Sample Weekly Itinerary:
Friday- Saturday: Travel to Uganda
Sunday: Tour the medical center and meet our amazing local staff. Prepare for clinic.
Monday-Friday: Conduct medical outreach in the villages surrounding our permanent medical center. Our volunteers are incredibly valuable in fulfilling different clinic roles such as working with the registration, provider or pharmacy teams. These medical outreaches refer patients, promote our permanent medical center and continue setting a precedent for quality healthcare throughout the region.
Saturday: Fun-day activity specific to the region to celebrate our accomplishments.
For more information on Uganda please review the CDC and CIA websites listed below:
**NOTE ON FEES LISTED**
$100 Application Fee + $3000 (Includes all logistics on the ground) + Flight Cost.
|$3,000.00||First Payment to Secure Flights Due 12/25/2023|
|$2,000.00||Flight Cost (this is currently an estimate) Due 2/9/2024|
- Must have an active passport with two blank pages. Passport must be valid 6 months from return home date.
- Must receive Yellow Fever vaccine
- Must have an approved Visa (we will talk through how to apply close to the trip)
- Complete training tasks
- Adhere to the Safety Contract + Team Covenant agreed to during training
- Act with OneWorld Health's values in mind- Service, Humility, Integrity, Empowerment, Love, Dignity
- Be Flexible
- Final fundraising amount/payment to be complete two weeks prior to trip
- 15 years or older, lift 50 lbs and be able to stand up for over an hour
- Complete training tasks here on Service Reef
- Attend Virtual Orientations